Create magazines, brochures, and more in InDesign!
Learn InDesign, the world’s industry-standard publication layout program, to create flyers, posters, advertisements, and online magazines. Create magazines to share online or sell online through Apple. Create books to sell on Amazon. There are so many possibilities!
Learn InDesign from Chad Neuman, who has the relevant experience in the field:
- Managing editor at two graphic design magazines
- Advertising layout specialist and webmaster at a regional newspaper
- Internet development director at an advertising design firm
- Freelance graphic designer for 20 years
- Current full-time university professor
and relevant education:
- BA in Communication
- MA in Journalism and Media Studies
- PhD in Communication
Enroll now and learn how to
- place and format text in InDesign
- place and format images in InDesign
- add character and paragraph styles in InDesign
- flow text across pages on along a path in InDesign
- use libraries and snippets in InDesign
- apply color themes in InDesign
- draw and adjust shapes in InDesign
- add custom corners in InDesign
- work with layers in InDesign to select objects
- apply master pages in InDesign
- package, save, export, and print files in InDesign
- apply editorial design principles such as proximity, alignment, contrast, and repetition in magazines and brochures
- design and produce a professional magazine in InDesign
- design and produce a professional brochure in InDesign
- do much more in InDesign
Enroll to get access to exclusive lessons and follow-along tutorials as well as helpful, printable PDF handouts and discussion board access for peer critiques and feedback. Let’s get started creating and designing in InDesign!
What are the requirements?
- Students must have access to InDesign, including a free trial or through the Creative Cloud subscription. Previous versions are fine for most lectures.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Design professional publications such as magazines by using InDesign
- Apply editorial design principles to publications in InDesign
- Use InDesign’s various functions and tools to create publications and other promotional material
- Produce a magazine and brochure in InDesign
What is the target audience?
- Anyone interested in learning InDesign, the industry-standard layout and publication software should take this course
- Anyone wanting to create professional publications using InDesign should take this course
- Someone who is already an expert in InDesign and editorial design does not need the majority of this course